Protect your Skin
Effects of direct sunlight
During summer when we go out outside we protect ourselves with clothing, sunglasses, hats and sunscreen - we know the damage the sun can cause our skin.
However, we are not only exposed to sunlight when we venture outside - glazing in windows and doors allow the suns rays to reach us while we are indoors too.
Ultraviolet radiation is present in sunlight all year round - and reaches us even when it is cloudy.
UV Rays have many negative effects on our skin, they;
- Cause 90% of all premature skin aging and wrinkles
- Destroy Vitamin A in the skin, which contributes to cell damage
- Damage collagen, the structural protein that keeps skin cells firm, causing wrinkles and sagging.
- Are increasingly being linked to skin cancer
|Type of UV radiation||Effects|
|UVA||Skin aging, eye damage, linked to skin cancer|
|UVB||Sunburn, premature skin aging, eye damage, linked to skin cancer|
|UVC||Most destructive but mostly stopped by the ozone layer|
Window Film helps protect skin against UV
ARC Window Films have an SPF of 285 or more, making them an ideal solution for protecting your skin.
When applied to your car, home or office they block more than 99% of the suns UVA and UVB rays.
Window Film for Photosensitive conditions
Worldwide, there are millions of people who suffer from sensitivity to Ultra-Violet light to some degree. For many of these sufferers and their families, life has to be lived away from sunlight.
ARC UV Protection Window Film offers added protection for people who suffer from the following photosensitivity conditions;
- Actinic Pruirgo
- Bloom Syndrome
- Discoid Lupus Erythematosus
- Dubowitz Syndrome
- Erythropoietic Protoporphyria
- Ichthyosis (Trischothiodystrophy)
- Photosensitive Erythemea Multiforme
- Polymorphous Light Euption
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Three M Syndrome
Solar control window film is often prescribed for people who cannot tolerate sunlight, and is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation to protect healthy skin.
Additional Window Film Benefits:
The greatest advantage of window film when compared to alternatives is that it offers a combination of benefits. Films can include some if not all of the following additional benefits:
- Reduce Heat and Glare
- Energy Saving Window Film-reduce energy consumption and lower your carbon footprint
- Safety and Security –Increased protection against thieves, terrorists and accidental breakage
- Graphics andManifestation - Meet health and safety regulations or add corporatebranding
- Privacy and Decoration
- Graffiti Protection
- Quick to install with minimum disruption
- Increased appearance – Solar control films can complement both modern and traditional buildings
ARC Advice Service
With a combined experience of over 40 years in the window film industry, the ARC team are here to help with any enquiry.
Contact us on 0333 800 2 400 for advice on the benefits of window film and increasing your protection against damaging UV rays.