LLumar Enerlogic window film improves comfort and saves energy for council building
The three storey office building occupied by West Berkshire Council offered poor thermal comfort (hot and cold sports) and the glazing was detrimental to its energy consumption targets.
The council wished to upgrade the glazing to improve comfort and achieve energy savings.
The glazing was upgraded with Llumar Enerlogic window film in order to reduce heat gain and heat loss year round.
- Stabilised building temperatures.
- Improved occupant comfort (year-round)
- Llumar EnerLogic film helped turning off A/C systems in winter (saving 20,000 kWh per month) and space heating in almost all areas.
- Payback – 5 years
- Cost saving – £5,847
- Carbon savings (t CO2e) p.a. – 40
- Savings (Electricity/Gas) – 2%/19%
Thermal Comfort Improved2
- Solar Gain Reduction – 62%
- Heat loss reduction – 40%
- Glare reduction – 62%
1Calculated using building energy simulation software before film installation.
2Calculated using glazing analysis software results before and after application of film.