Safety Window Film
Glazing and the Risk of Personal Injury
In the home or workplace, where there is glass there is risk. With many types of glass (such as plate/ float/ annealed/ wired glass) there is a serious injury risk.
Non safety glass is responsible for thousands of injuries and many deaths each year.
Most accidents with glass are due to:
- Failure to see the glass
- Slips and Falls - knowing the glass is there
- Intentional breakage
Serious injury is more likely to occur from glass in "critical location" - for example glass at low level, in and around doors, and in aread with a high throughflow of people. Some examples of accidents involving glass can be seen in our videos section, or by clicking here
Glazing Safety - A Legal Requirement
Health and Safety regulations exist to;
- Reduce the likelihood of glass breakage occurence by increasing glass visibility, and
- Reduce the effects of glass breakage when it does occur by ensuring that glass breaks safely.
Those responsible for glazing are required by law to ensure that all glazing complies with current regulations.
Increase safety by installing ARC Window Film
ARC Window Films can upgrade glazing to meet current regulations in two ways;
- Our Decorative Window Films can be used to increase the visibility of the glass, and therefore reduce the risk of a collision occurring.
- If impact does occur and the glass breaks, our Safety Window Films ensure that it breaks safely, therefore reducing injury.
Regulation 14 requires that all glass situated in critical locations be assessed to ensure that all glazing are of this safety standard – Window Film provides this compliancy by upgrade the glass to EN12600 safety standards.
Previously had window film installed? Are you still compliant?
Additional Window Film Benefits:
The greatest advantage of window film when compared to alternatives is that it offers a combination of benefits. Films can include some if not all of the following additional benefits:
- Reduce Heat and Glare
- Energy Saving Window Film-reduce energy consumption and lower your carbon footprint
- UV Protection –Protection against the biggest contributor to fading – keeping furnishings looking new formuch longer
- Graphics andManifestation - Meet health and safety regulations or add corporatebranding
- Privacy and Decoration
- Graffiti Protection
- Quick to install with minimum disruption
- Increased appearance – Solar control films can complement both modern and traditional buildings
ARC Advice Service
With a combined experience of over 40 years in the window film industry, the ARC team are here to help with any enquiry.
Contact us on 0333 800 2 400 for business focussed advice on the benefits of window film and increasing the safety of the glazing in you organisation.